Following the announcement to create the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency, which incorporates VOSA and DSA, the Transport Select Committee is taking a keen interest in our performance – but from a user’s perspective. They are looking across all motoring agencies at whether:
- services can be accessed when and where they are needed, including by people who do not use digital channels
- services are affordable and provide value for money
- personal or otherwise sensitive data is handled appropriately
- outsourcing of service delivery has affected users
- problems are dealt with quickly and fairly
- users are affected by the way in which government agencies are structured to provide these services – what are the pros and cons for users of changing the current structure?
- the needs of service users are prioritised, particularly during periods of change