From today (14 November 2016), you can use the new online services to apply for and manage vehicle operator licences.
The services have been launched in ‘beta’. This means they’re being continually tested and improved. You should find the redesigned services much easier to use than the old self-service system they replace.
Apply for a licence
You can now apply for a vehicle operator licence online for the first time.
You should find it much easier than filling in the GV79 or PSV421 application forms - but they’re still available on GOV.UK.
Manage your licence
You can manage your vehicle operator licence to check, change or update it. This includes things like:
- adding more vehicles to your licence
- applying to increase your vehicle limit
- applying to add a transport manager to your licence
If you used the old self-service system, sign in to these new services using the same details.
You can register a new account if you never used self-service.
Other redesigned services
We’ve also launched beta versions of these redesigned services:
- check vehicle operator licence applications by name, date and area
- find lorry or bus operators by name, address or licence number
- find registered local bus services by operator name, licence number, or start and finish point
All these services work with modern browsers, and have been designed to work on desktop computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Tell us what you think
Your feedback is really important, as it will help us to improve the services.
You can use the feedback link at the top of each page inside the services, or leave a comment here.